Garblog's Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wow! | Garbl'd Thoughts: Week of 2013-01-20

[NOTE: The website links below were updated Feb. 5, 2016, to their new location on the Internet.] 

Oh am I pleased, mystified and impressed today! For some reason, the blog item I posted Wednesday, Jan. 23--about my writing resources website--had 4 times as many pageviews in its first 24 hours of existence as my previous most popular post has had since it went public on Nov. 26, 2012.

I don't know the typical number of pageviews for a personal, independent blog like mine. But as I write this, the difference between pageviews for those two posts is 562--and it's growing.

I'm pleased by this trend because my Jan. 23 post was about the first website I created, back in 1997: Garbl's Writing Resources Online. Most of my posts comment on other Web articles, blog posts and websites I come across. They often refer, though, to particular advice on writing in my online editorial style manual and plain-English writing guide.

But perhaps this latest trend is telling me something I should consider in writing future posts: Four of my top 10 blog posts in the past year featured sections of Garbl's Writing Center. Besides the latest post on my writing resources site, here are three of my most popular posts in the past year:

Now if only more of my blog readers would comment more often on my posts or send me email messages about them. I'd then have an even better idea about what my readers think, what they like, and what they don't like. And I could base future posts on their comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...