Garblog's Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Yes, I Could Care Less by Bill Walsh

I can hardly wait to get this new book by copy editor extraordinaire Bill Walsh (though I will 'cause I'll soon be taking some time away from this blog and my computer--and reading stuff for fun instead).

As Walsh showed in his past books, he's an amusing, irreverent but thoughtful authority on writing. The subtitle to his new book provides a clue about his attitude: 

How to Be a Language Snob Without Being a Jerk
Here's what publisher MacMillan says about Walsh's new book:
In his long-awaited follow-up to Lapsing Into a Comma and The Elephants of Style, while steering readers and writers on the proper road to correct usage, Walsh cautions against slavish adherence to rules, emphasizing that the correct choice often depends on the situation. He might disagree with the AP Stylebook or Merriam-Webster, but he always backs up his preferences with logic and humor.
______
The Web posting on Walsh's book is featured today, March 28, in my daily online paper,
Garbl's Style: Write Choices, available at the Editorial Style tab above and by free email subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...