Garblog's Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Einstein On Creative Thinking: Music and the Intuitive Art of Scientific Imagination | Psychology Today

Einstein On Creative Thinking: Music and the Intuitive Art of Scientific Imagination | Psychology Today: In other interviews, he attributed his scientific insight and intuition mainly to music. "If I were not a physicist," he once said, "I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.... I get most joy in life out of music"

The author writes "Einstein only employed words or other symbols (presumably mathematical) -- in what he explicitly called a secondary translation step -- after he was able to solve his problems through the formal manipulation of internally imagined images, feelings, and architectures. 'I very rarely think in words at all. A thought comes, and I may try to express it in words afterwards,' he wrote."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...