Brain Pickings is a human-powered discovery engine for interestingness, culling and curating cross-disciplinary curiosity-quenchers, and separating the signal from the noise to bring you things you didn't know you were interested in until you are.For this article, Popova writes:
On this last day of the year, what better way to send 2012 off than with a look back at the its most stimulating reads? Gathered here are the most read and shared articles published on Brain Pickings this year, to complement the recent omnibus of the year’s best books. Enjoy, and may 2013 be inspired in every possible way.Here are headlines for six articles that focus on writing:
"Why Emotional Excess is Essential to Writing and Creativity" is featured today, Dec. 31, in my daily online paper, Garbl's Creativity Connections--available at the Creativity tab above and by free email subscription.
- "The Daily Routines of Famous Writers"
- "10 Tips on Writing from David Ogilvy"
- "Henry Miller’s 11 Commandments of Writing & Daily "Creative Routine"
- "Why Emotional Excess is Essential to Writing and Creativity"
- "Kurt Vonnegut’s 8 Tips on How to Write a Great Story"
- "New Year’s Resolution Reading List: How To Read More and Write Better."