To help take a look back at 2012, we rounded up our most popular features, essays, 99U Conference talks, and tweets. We hope it gives you a chance to discover (and rediscover) content from throughout the year while providing the spark needed to start 2013 off right.The linked articles include:
2. Test Your Creativity: 5 Classic Creative Challenges
How creative are you? Find out by taking a few quick tests that psychologists have been using to study creativity for decades.
4. Why Boredom Is Good for Your Creativity
Why does boredom always emerge just as you're about to get in gear on a creative project?
5. How Rejection Breeds Creativity
With a few small changes in your mindset, you can turn rejection into a dramatic boost for your motivation and focus.Following those articles are U99's most popular videos, with titles like these:
- Do What You've Never Done Before
- Keep Other People's Opinions Out Of Your Creative Process
- Time is a created thing. To say "I don't have time" is to say "I don't want to" - Lao Tzu
- "Nobody does their best thinking sitting at their desk. Your desk is for executing; do your thinking elsewhere."
The 99U article is featured today, Dec. 19, in my daily online paper, Garbl's Simple Dreams, available at the Simplicity tab above and by free email subscription.