Garblog's Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

7 ways to get more comments on your articles | Jacob Klein, Socialmedia.biz

Consider commenting systems, rewards & removing barriers


I've been hoping more people would comment on my posts in this blog--responding to it in some way, expressing their reactions and beliefs, adding to what I write, asking questions, and so on. But there have been just a few.

So this article caught my attention. Klein writes (emphasis added):
The benefits of user generated content are compelling: Not only are you generating original, topical content for your pages, comments may even contribute to your article’s freshness score. While it’s debatable whether the number of comments on a page is directly correlated with higher rankings, we all understand the value of having more fresh, relevant content on a page to say nothing of user engagement and community building.
He goes on to share a few tricks he's learned for attracting article comments. I already use a few of them, within the limits of The Blogger website and its formatting tools. But I'll keep trying!

Here are the headings to Klein's tips:
  1. Make it as easy as possible to leave a comment
  2. Placement of the comments area
  3. Social log-ins for authenticating users
  4. Profiles, awards and rankings
  5. Join the conversation
  6. Email notification on reply
  7. Tracking your progress.
___________
Klein's article is featured today (Nov. 28) in my online daily paper, Garbl's Good Cause Communications--available at the Nonprofit Communications tab above and by free email subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...