To be genuinely creative means following instincts and not worrying about what other people think. ... Everyone is creative.And so begins Brushfield's blog message. He follows by describing "7 simple points to help maximize your unique creativity."
Here are headings for each of his points:
- Often intuitive creativity goes against what everybody else thinks is right.
- There are most definitely no short cuts.
- Relating well to other people helps us live our best creative life.
- Accept the fact that not everybody is going to love you.
- It’s guaranteed … other people are needed to achieve a person’s dreams.
- Captivate an audience with unique brilliance and forget looking at other people to compete with them.
- Never give up on that special dream for life.
Brushfield's blog is featured today, Dec. 4, in my daily online paper, Garbl's Creativity Connections--available at the Creativity tab above and by free email subscription.