Garblog's Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

If you have to be an English teacher, be an English teacher | Gladys Edmunds, USATODAY.com

Here's part of a question asked by the owners of an employment agency:
I am an entrepreneur, not a teacher, and I don't have time to train my staff in English and grammar 101. What should I do to make certain that staff members correspond properly?
Here's the main point of the answer [emphasis added]:
It is important to your company's image for your employees to spell their words properly and use proper grammar. Training employees in whatever area you need them to function in is critical. And if you have to conduct teaching sessions on how to send properly written correspondence, by all means do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...