Garblog's Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Two out of three ain't bad, Web-readability-wise

Ironic. 

I just posted an item advising you not to read the three articles in the post about writing for the Web. But I encourage you to read two of the three items below, which were listed in a Google Alert I got on Thursday.
  • One of them -- "The New Style of Writing for the Net (Are You Up with the Play?)" by Mary Jaksch -- uses headings, graphics, and text formatting to aid the reader, to make the blog interesting to look at and read. It's even fun to read!
  • The other one -- "10 hard lessons I’ve learned about writing for the WWW" by Suzan St Maur -- uses numbered, boldfaced headings to announce and separate each tip. 
  • The third one, unfortunately, has the same problems as the three articles I mentioned in my other post today. Its title, ahem, "Writing for the Web Doesn't Have to be Complicated." Very true. But it absolutely must be something that helps the reader  read it. Otherwise, why waste the time writing it for the Web in the first place.

The New Style of Writing for the Net (Are You Up with the Play ...
I know this is the new way of writing for the web, and we should all copy this, as it really works, as it is a sell, sell, sell world. So this is what the world has come to: ...
writetodone.com/2012/05/14/new-style-blog-writing/
Writing For the Web Doesn't Have to be Complicated « Market Place ...
Writing for the web is something all online marketers have to do sooner or later. Unless you have the budget to outsource writing, you really have to do it yourself ...
marketplaceproductions.org/writing-for-the-web-doesnt-have-...
10 hard lessons I've learned about writing for the WWW | How To ...
Because I've been writing for the web for a long time now I've learned a lot of lessons the hard way. Here are my top ten to share with you… 1. It's essential to ...
howtowritebetter.net/10-hard-lessons-ive-learned-about-writin...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...