Garblog's Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Art of Persuasive Writing: A Few Pointers - YouTube

Here's just one of a bunch of YouTube videos on persuasive writing I just discovered here. I'll be checking more of them later.

The description for this one:
Pip is writing a presuasive text for a school assignment; she wants to convince the school principal to make the canteen food healthier. In this chapter Pip discovers that her own family is a great source of inspiration as they demonstrate the principles of good persuasive writing. From the Australian educational program 'The Art of Persuasive Writing: Exploring Text Types', Classroom Video, 2010.
One of my labels for this post is "story telling." This video is effective partially because it tells a story. It's not just a dry lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...