Garblog's Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Celebrating The Music Of Levon Helm | Easy Ed, No Depression Americana and Roots Music

Writes Easy Ed:
Reading that Levon was on his final journey felt like a gut punch. This country has been blessed with many wonderful musicians, and much great music. But from the first time I'd heard his voice and through the decades as he kept on keeping on, it was clear at least to me that he personified the sound of music we call roots. When he sang a song the notes and tone both soared through the skies while also feeling...well, for lack of a better word...rooted. Whether with The Band or the hundreds of musicians he played with over time, when Levon was in the mix you just knew it.
Ed writes, "For myself, I'd prefer to remember him by the music he made." And that is his introduction to multiple videos showing Levon Helm performing with The Band, John Hiatt, Sheryl Crow, and others.

He truly made lasting connections.

For more biographical and recordings information, check out the All-Music Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...