Garblog's Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

A ‘Treaty’ Sealed in Trinkets - Vidya Prabhu, Indian Express

I'm no fashionista, but this article captured my interest by describing the serendipity-prompted connections of the fashion world with humanitarian work--in India.

Prabhu writes:
[I]t isn’t just the craftsmanship that makes this label unique. Started by Pakistani Farah Malik and Libyan Dana Arbib back in 2008, A Peace Treaty comes across as an unlikely collaboration. It is the result of an unwavering passion for both fashion and humanitarian work. Malik, who has an MSc degree from the London School of Economics, has worked for NGOs. Arbib, an alumna of Parson’s School of Design, has been assisting missions to places such as Ethiopia to deliver AIDS medication.
Says Arbib:
These experiences confirmed my belief that philanthropy and fashion should be mixed in a way that both the developing and the mainstream fashion worlds understand it simultaneously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...